Choosing Life: Empowerment! Action! Results! – is an evidence-based, health promotion intervention for males and females ages 16 and older living with HIV/AIDS or at high-risk for HIV. CLEAR is a client-centered program delivered one-on-one using cognitive behavioral techniques to change behavior patterns that place individuals at risk for Sexually Transmitted Infections.
The overall goal of CLEAR is to help clients maintain health, reduce transmission of HIV and other STIs/STDs, and improve their quality of life.
• Element 1: Development of emotional awareness through use of a Feeling Thermometer and identification of the link between feelings, thoughts, and actions (F-T-D Framework).
• Element 2: Identification of Ideal Self to help motivate and personalize behavior change.
• Element 3: Teaching, modeling, and practicing Short - and Long-term Goal Setting.
• Element 4: Teaching, modeling, and practicing SMART Problem Solving.
• Element 5: Teaching, modeling, and practicing Assertive Behavior and Communication.
For more information about this program or to enroll in CLEAR! contactDarshell House